Sunday 31 August 2008

If you can't take the heat.


You may be wondering what has happened to out blog of late. Alternatively, you do not give a poop. Rob has taken a well-earned rest and gone off on his break away from the creative world. I have been on my own since last Monday and it has been, let us say, a busy week.

Being in a team where we both do Art Direction and claim to be Copy Writers, this was my week to live up to the claim. Overall, it has gone well but I do miss my partner (I hope he sheds a tear when he reads this). The random banter is mainly missed but also Rob’s ability to push ideas to the level where the client (or planners) shit themselves. It is where reality meets the devil, hoping one day it can slip through without being beaten to death and turning out as a lifeless carcass of a body. We have a few posts to catch up on so I'm going to edit them down to get us back on track. Sorry for the delay. It's my fault, no one elses. Whip me if you ever meet me.

Dip x



2 comments:

]-[appy Thought said...

I sort of wonder if university has killed the idea of creating teams. Myself and my partner are both copywriter really, and although everyone always says "It's all about the idea" if neither of us can make the visuals work then it doesn't get made, so what's the point in that - to paraphrase the great W+K Tony D.

Teams were originally created so the brilliant writers and art directors, who worked on different floors, worked together for a more seamless presentation of the idea, not so they could be a team for the sake of it.

How are you finding actually trying to produce work whilst being at a disadvantage in one of the areas? Might be worth a post?

The Oxymorons said...

I think Universities kill most things especially if they are reliant on ex-industry tutors.

The whole copywriter/art director discussion is interesting. Personally I feel it is fairly old hat and as we are in a creative world that lives by the sickening and frankly annoying cliché of 'thinking outside the box' then why do we label ourselves into boxes? I don't like this regimented feeling of orchestration. However this is no reason to excuse us!

We got into Dare not having defined our roles but because our skill areas don't just lie in Art and words. We could offer some more...I hope.

As we are a mongrel mix neither of us can answer your question but I would be interested in hearing an answer from clearly defined duo.

cheers mushroom x

I'm now of to try and make sense of this 7th syndicate jargon.

RGM